If you’ve attended a CNG Chicago meeting, you’re likely familiar with the concept of “Open Space.” Open Space allows you to engage in discussions on topics most relevant to you and gives you the opportunity to network with your peers—not only to share what you’ve learned but also to learn from others’ experiences.
For our final CNG meeting of 2018, we’re devoting our entire meeting to Open Space! Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in three rounds of discussions. Topics (and descriptions to help guide discussions) include:
- Recertification/Maintenance of Certification: Share and learn how various organizations determine, track and enforce recertification requirements…and why. Discuss the importance and value of having a well-defined certification maintenance program.
- Promoting the value of certification: Share ideas and success stories of how your organization has promoted the value of your certification(s) and the results of your marketing efforts. What did you do, what was the impact, and how did you measure the effect? Discuss the different target audiences and how your marketing strategy may vary for each audience.
- Legislative update: Discuss state and federal legislation affecting certification programs with your peers. What is the Professional Certification Coalition (PCC) and how can certification professionals participate.
- How to engage your board: An engaged board is vital to your long-term success. Share and discuss best practices on how to ensure your board members understand and embrace their roles and responsibilities. Learn how different organizations develop their board members into strategic thinkers and visionaries (and keep them out of the weeds).
- Legal aspects of certification: Discuss legal concerns such as ADA issues, dealing with fraudulent use of credentials, and copyright violations.
- Program maturity: Share and learn how certification programs have “taken the next step” in their development. Perhaps you’ve been maintaining your certification program for many years and it’s time to change the status quo. What comes next? How do you stay relevant, attract new candidates, and continue to grow the program?
- Topic(s) to be determined by the audience on the day of the meeting.
Come ready to network, share and learn from your peers!
10 S. Riverside Plaza #800
Chicago, IL 60606
November 14, 2018
9:00 am - 12:00 pm CST